St John Bosco
Remote Learning for children isolating at home – from 21st April 2021
This week, we are working on area. Please work through the worksheets to practice calculating area.
For English this week, please create a story map for this modelled text – a dairy entry. We would then like you to try and rewrite the diary entry using the story map you have made. You can then check your own version using the modelled text to see how closely you remembered it. We would not expect this to be completed in one day so please spread this activity out over a few days.
Please use the Powerpoint to Guide you through the activities for Guided Reading this week.
Please access either Spelling Shed or Oxford Owl using your log-in details and complete some of the activities.
During your time at home, do some research about World War II. Present your findings however you like. You could make a poster, a fact-file or a booklet.
Behaviour Reminders for Live Lessons
- Be on time for the lesson and join the meeting a minute before the specified time.
- Ensure you have an adult with you for the session.
- Join the meeting with your microphone muted and your camera on.
- Don’t use the chat facility in Teams other than when you are instructed by a teacher or have a sensible question.
- Use the hands up feature if you are told to.
- Mute your microphone unless you are asked to contribute.
- Never share the live lesson anywhere else.
- Follow the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Complete the quiz.
- Be positive and contribute when asked.
Hello St John Bosco class. I will see you at 9:15am on Teams every school day for a catch up session and to talk through the day with you. You will also find activities below for each day.
We have a class email for sending work to. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do send in any work that your child does to this email address but do not worry if you are unable to.
Please ensure that you keep all work completed whilst you are working from home and bring it in to school when we are back after lockdown.
Yoga Sessions Online
This can be a very worrying and stressful time for children, with lots of change happening all the time. It is extremely important that we nurture and care for the children’s mental health and well-being. Yoga has been proven to decrease stress levels, reduce anxiety and help with relaxation. Here are some website links to online Yoga sessions that your child could do at home. They are aimed at primary school children, and there are different lessons to choose from. We have used them in school before so your child may be familiar with them.
Please click on the day for the Remote Learning