Art & Design
Art and design provides a visual, tactile and sensory experiences and a unique way of understanding and responding to the world, allowing children to communicate what they see, feel and think.
The school will: –
- Provide enjoyment in creative arts and exploring Artists
- Provide a sense of purpose, achievement and fulfilment in artistic expression
- Develop skills to use a wide range of materials and techniques competently
- Enable pupils to express their ideas and feelings through imaginative creation in both two and three dimensions
- Provide opportunities to study the world analytically
- Establish an appropriate vocabulary to enable pupils to understand and discuss their own work and that of others
- Enable pupils to appreciate and evaluate the work of a range of artists, from their own and other cultures
- Provide opportunities to critically evaluate own work
This term the whole school has been learning how to sketch, we have really enjoyed using sketching pencils, shading and tone. We are now beginning to explore how colour can be used to add detail.
Take a look at some of our wonderful artists work below: