Top tips and useful links…
As parents ourselves, we completely appreciate how daunting it is to start school; for your child and you. So, we have included top tips and some useful links to support your child with their learning and give them the best start in education.
- Talk to your child about their day. They may say ‘I can’t remember’ but we promise we have been having lots of fun!
- Don’t be afraid to share the same book with them over and over again. To start, we are sending home picture books so please encourage lots of discussion.
- Label everything (apart from your child). Not just to help us but it will help your child recognise their name when looking for their belongings.
- If you are at all worried and anxious about something, please speak to us immediately. We are here to support you and your child.
- Send your child’s book bag in daily. It will help us get those important letters to you.
10 tips for reading with your child:
How to pronounce the sounds in phonics:
Geraldine the Giraffe learns /d/ – we use this to support our children with their phonics.
Counting to 10: