St Faustina Class Easter Activities
Over the Easter holiday we really want you to have fun as a family and start enjoying seeing more people now that restrictions are beginning to relax. We don’t want you to feel pressure to do ‘school work’ due to your child missing school due to lockdown. But after our parent consultations last week we have decided to create a list of some activities you could do with your child if you wish to. Please don’t spend more than 5-10minutes on each activity.
Hundred Square work:
- Practise counting in 1s to 100 (and above)
- Practise counting backwards
- Count in 1s from any number
- Practise counting forward and backward in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Practising adding/subtracting 10 from a number and notice the pattern; 5, 15, 25, 35 or 47, 37, 27, 17…
- Play guess my number….
- It is smaller than 67, bigger than 60, it is even and it has a 4 in the ones column, what is it?
- It is an even number between 15 and 25 (your child could list all the possibilities)
- Get your child to figure out the number you’re thinking of. Swap roles and your child can create the criteria and you guess the number they’re thinking of.
Practise the 2, 5 and 10 times table and their division facts:
Every half term we do a mental maths test to check children’s number fact knowledge and quick recall. You can practise these too (We haven’t taught halving yet so please don’t worry if your child is unable to answer
Practise spelling these words. We do a class ‘test’ every half term on these words:
Read your child’s school book frequently as this will help them to read with fluency and recognise familiar words. Read to your child or get your child to read or talk about your favourite book. Practise reading the words from the spelling tests above. Encourage children to recognise their road name and read signs they drive or walk past.
Don’t forget there are books allocated on bug club too for them to read.
Practise writing the words you are learning to spell above.
Your child could:
- Write about their favourite book
- Write a letter to a familiar member or even us!
- Wrote a diary about what they have done in the holiday.